This module investigates the potential nutritional and environmental components of allergy, autoimmune and dermatological conditions commonly seen in general practice.
Conditions covered include urticaria, anaphylaxis, eczema, rhinitis, asthma, food intolerance and inhalant allergy.
The allergy training module covers the following learning outcomes:
- Describe the broad concepts and nutritional perspective to allergy
- Recognise the allergy link in common dermatological conditions
- Recognise the allergy link to ear, nose and throat conditions
- Develop a checklist to identify the nutritional, environmental and dietary strategies for treatment of allergy and autoimmune disease, for enhanced patient outcomes and safety
Video presentations in this training package cover the following topics:
- Introduction to allergies and urticaria
- Inhalant allergy
- Take home messages in allergy
- Vitamin D - emerging roles in infection and immunity
- Paediatric food allergy and intolerance
- Allergy testing and low dose immunotherapy
- Allergy - broad concepts and nutritional perspective
- The allergy link in dermatological conditions
- Evolution; from little bangs to autoimmunity
- Dietary treatment strategies for autoimmune diseases
- The allergy link to ear, nose and throat diseases
- The role of the microbiota in early immune programming and development of allergic disease
Member and Early bird discounts apply.