The Children's Health module was delivered face-to-face in March of 2016 in New Zealand.
The learning outcomes for this module are:
- Describe the effects of nutrition, the environment and nutritional deficiencies on pre, peri-conception and infant health
- Recognise the nutritional needs of children during puberty and adolescence, and how hormones may impact on these
- Identify the nutritional and environmental influences on adolescent mental health.
- Develop a checklist of nutritional, dietary and environmental strategies for treatment of common childhood presentations in general practice
The video presentations in this training package cover the following topics:
- Preconception, birth and the first year
- The chronically unwell child
- Autism - unravelling the complexities
- 5 easy steps to help a child with ADHD
- Diets for kids - feeding kids for optimal health; special diets for special kids
- Child and adolescent mental health
- Allergies in infants and children
- Clinical pearls in paediatric presentations
- Putting NEM into practice with kids
Member and Early bird discounts apply.