Completion of the Metabolic Conditions, Diabetes & Cardiovascular Disease online module entitles you to RACGP Category 2 CPD points.
This module discusses the underlying biochemistry of metabolic syndrome and provides practical evidence-based solutions through diet, nutrition, gut health and case history discussion to enable immediate application in clinical practice.
The learning outcomes for this module are:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the impact that diabesity has on society
- Describe the role that the primary care physician plays in the treatment of diabesity
- Identify the role that evolution and genetics have played in the development of diabesity
- Identify the role of diet and exercise in the treatment and prevention of diabesity
- Formulate a systems-based approach to NEM treatment options for enhanced patient safety and outcomes in the treatment of diabesity
The video presentations in this training module cover the following topics:
- The impact of metabolic disease on society
- Obesity and metabolic syndrome
- Diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- The role of diet in diabesity
- Nutritional aspects of cardiovascular disease
- ‘Evolution’ and the development of metabolic syndrome
- MicrObesity - The role of gastrointestinal microbiota in obesity
- Case study presentation - coronary heart disease
Member discounts apply.