Completion of the Thyroid and Adrenal Conditions online module entitles you to RACGP Category 2 CPD points.
The video presentations in this training package were filmed during the face-to-face training in March 2017 and include new advances in thyroid and adrenal gland health and disease.
Presentations focus on current, evidence-based information, discussing nutritional and environmental medicine approaches to address commonly seen thyroid and adrenal conditions.
Our specialist practitioners offer strategies and new investigation techniques that will assist health practitioners to further understand the biochemical and physiological processes behind the symptoms of clinical and subclinical thyroid and adrenal conditions. Discussion includes availability and validity of testing, clinical signs and symptoms, and specific nutrient and dietary recommendations to assist with the development of comprehensive treatment protocols.
Learning outcomes for this module:
- Recall the role of the thyroid gland in the body and identify the nutrients and co-factors required for thyroid hormone production
- Describe the major clinical signs of hyper and hypothyroid disease
- State the clinical tests and ideal reference ranges used to diagnose both clinical and sub-clinical thyroid disease
- Develop a checklist to identify the pharmaceutical, nutritional, environmental and dietary strategies for treatment of thyroid disease, for enhanced patient outcomes and safety
- Adrenal glands and the role of stress in chronic disease management
- Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) axis dysfunction
- Case study HPA axis dysfunction
- Thyroid physiology and dysfunction
- Case study (Hashimoto's disease)
- Thyroid conditions - case histories, clinical pearls and Q & A
Member discounts apply.